Home > Offices > College Relations >
Every Web site is a work-in-progress. When developing a new site or redesigning an existing site, consider the following questions:
- Who is the audience?
- What is the purpose?
- When is maintenance necessary?
- Where is the site linked?
- Divide blocks of text with headlines for ease of reading.
- Each page should be limited to about 500 words to reduce scrolling.
- Simplicity: the fewer pages needed to convey information, the better.
- Ease of navigation: all pages should be accessible within one click.
- Ease of understanding: menu links should be concise.
- Ease of maintenance: paragraphs or lists should be used instead of tables.
Configuring FTP in Dreamweaver
- Go to Site > Manage Sites...
- Click New > Site...
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Enter the site name and the folder where the local copy will be stored on your computer.
- Select the Remote Info category and FTP Access.
- FTP host: alpha.dickinson.edu
- Host directory: /web/Dickinson/external/yourfolder - i.e. departments/colrel/
- Login and password are your e-mail login and password.
- Enable file check-in/check-out and enter your name and e-mail address.