- What groups/individuals fought against/fought for the
passing of the Breaux act?
- Are the funds for priority projects being properly distributed,
historically Louisiana has not had the most reputable political
structure, is corruption playing a part?
- Which aspect of coastal wetlands loss is the most important
to address first? For example, are barrier islands the key to
swift remediation? Is it more important to use funds to improve
the quality of many areas, or should efforts focus on a single
key ecosystem first?
- How temporary is the solution of dredging and depositing
material? If this has to be done ever 2, 5, 10 years would
it be more worthwhile to restore natural sedimentation processes?
- How many people, particularly in the Mississippi watershed
realize this problem exists? How many are willing to do something
about it, and what can we do to change that?
- By destroying barrier islands how at risk are the people
of Louisiana? Do these people know the true danger of a catastrophic
weather event? Do the large number of people who visit New Orleans
every storm season have any idea that they are below sea level
and are susceptible to massive storm surge?