The following guidelines are intended to help you prepare a competitive proposal. If you have questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com
- sessions for postsecondary educators that are not focused on teacher education;
- sessions on the teaching of literature and culture;
- sessions in Latin, Italian, Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and ASL;
- sessions for middle school educators;
- sessions demonstrating how research results could be interpreted by practitioners and implemented in the classroom.
- the content should be relevant and/or original, with a clear topic;
- the method of presentation should be appropriate to the content;
- session activities and procedures should be feasible within the allotted time period;
- it should be easy to visualize what will occur during the session (materials, involvement of audience, timing, etc.);
- the description of outcomes should specify what participants will acquire (materials, information, and experiences);
- the title and description should correspond exactly to what the presenter intends to do;
- the proposal should convey each presenter's role clearly.
Section 1 and Section 2.
Please provide as much information as possible so that we can contact you and your co-presenters without difficulty, regardless of the time of day or year: fax numbers and carefullly-typed e-mail addresses are most important. List affiliations (place of work), city and state exactly as they should appear in our Official Program.
Please check the one best choice in each category. If you check more than one item, we will use only the first one checked.
Please be very explicit, particularly in ordering computer equipment and in listing what you plan to bring. You are not required to use a microphone, and we will determine whether you will need one in the meeting room to which you are assigned (if you have special circumstances, please e-mail us).
The title is used in grids and other formats where space is at a premium and the description does not appear. Please create as concise and accurate a title as possible. Note that the first (longer) description will be read by the Board during the selection process, but attendees will have only the second description available to them.Thank you for following these guidelines. We look forward to receiving your proposal prior to May 31st!
Copyright © 1995-2011 by The Northeast Conference.
All Rights Reserved. Contact the Webmaster.